Saturday, March 22, 2008

It is Easter!

Tomorrow is the day that Christians celebrate the raising of the Messiah.

I have always been intrigued with the timing of it. I found out that it is based on the equinox and full moon. The 22nd (today) is the earliest it can ever be.

Easter Sunday is the Sunday following the Paschal Full Moon (PFM) date for the year. In June 325 A.D. astronomers approximated astronomical full moon dates for the Christian church, calling them Ecclesiastical Full Moon (EFM) dates. From 326 A.D. the PFM date has always been the EFM date after March 20 (which was the equinox date in 325 A.D.).

I was just interested in that. Sorry that I have nothing funny to say but it is just that.


Spring is springing and I planted a garden this year. Hope it grows well. I have a mole in my yard and it is burrowing all over. I want to get rid of it.

2 comments:

The MAN Fan Club said...

I love information like that. When I saw that it was a full moon I wondered if that had anything to do with it, after 42 years!

TheMAN

foxymama said...

Spring is sprung,
the grass is riz...
I wonder where
the flowers is?