Saturday, January 13, 2007

BACK UP!


Those two words have double meaning for me. One: back up means that I am back up on my computer and two: I will be doing a weekly back up of major project data. I am so mad at myself. Oh well, a friend told that she spent $800.00 for data recovery. Not sure I want to spend that much.

I am still trying to reload things but I know that some things are lost forever. I will not be able to get my bookmarks back and pictures that I had taken of my family. Oh well, the hazards of living in the digital age.

I think that I was hit by some electrical spike or something because I lost two harddrives, a video card and a motherboard. The drives are not even recognized in another machine. I had to go get a new motherboard and I was upset to find that it only has one IDE slot. So I had to remove my CD-rw and slave out my DVD-r off my hard drive. I will be replacing the motherboard again in the not too distant future.

No comments: