Sunday, October 22, 2006

Television Choices and High Speed Interenet.

I have been holding out on getting any satellite or cable TV programing ever since I heard last year about the city of Keller, Texas being the first city for Verizon to go with FiOs to the edges of the city. Last week my neighborhood (not in Keller but another city in N.Texas) has joined the wave of FUN!!!. I now have more choices of TV programs to not watch, but the Cowboys are going to be snow free this season. I always felt that watching a Dallas TV station on "rabbit ears" should be clearer than what I got. BUT NO!! I now have snow free viewing and superfast upload and download speeds. I was already cooking with my DSL connection but now it is flying at the speed of light (once it leaves my house and is translated from copper into light).

My wife is excited because of all the Christmas programs she can watch as she grades papers. My son is excited because there is a video on demand feature that allows him to watch endless showings of Sponge Bob. For me, Football and Baseball---SNOWFREE!!!! (unless I am watching a Yankee team attempt beat up on the 'Boys at their northern home.)

I did not spring for the DVR option as we have video tapes out the yazoo. Call me cheap.

No comments: