Friday, October 13, 2006



Today is FRIDAY THE THIRTEENTH!!!

It affects those that have a ailment called Tridecaphobia. Do you suffer from it? I don't but some people are so afraid of the the number thirteen that buildings have been built without a 13th floor. I used laugh when I thought about a building that does not have a 13th floor but has floors above the missing floor. I wondered how the floors could have been built. I mean did they build the 13th one and then remove it, leaving an empty space where the 13th once was? After I got older, I realized that the floor numbered 14 was actually the 13th one, so it does not make sense to number 1-12 and then 14 to whatever. Over in South Korea, the number 4 is considered the "death" number so one can find a 13th floor there but not a 4th. Items are never sold in sets of 4; either threes (most common) or larger. It is interesting what "scares" people. What are your fears? I really don't have any fears other than the fear of failing. Which, of course, is a self-fulfilling fear. I must work on that one, but I am afraid that I won't be able to conquer it. Have a good weekend.

2 comments:

The MAN Fan Club said...

I guess they would have round tables that could seat 3 or 5, but not 4 place settings. No superstitions here!

rattln along said...

You know now that you mention it; most of the tables were round or rectangle that would allow for more people to sit at the table (which, of course, was low to the floor because we sat on the floor to eat.)