Saturday, October 28, 2006

We went to a restaurant last night and I had a steak, per my normal choice. Red meat for me without any fancy sauces or gravies. In fact, I am getting tired of "peppered steak"!

I want a slab of beef with a little lemon and little salt and cook it medium rare. And, Dear Waitress, do not tell me that it will have a "warm pink center"! I have been ordering steak that way for years. I do that because while you are out smoking your cig and my steak is sitting under the heat lamp, it will not become shoe leather by the time you deliver it to my table.

Sorry had to rant there. But shoot, I know what I like on my food. I understand that she was just verifying my choice because all chefs cook differently but still. I will not EVER send food back to the kitchen to be recooked. If it is under cooked (from the way I ordered it), I will ask for a to-go box and cook it at home.

Speaking of cooking at home: I just got my birthday present. I got a dual-surface grill, more commonly known as a George Forman Grill. But mine is not a GF grill. It is a Westbend. It was cheaper and I think better designed because it can open all the way up and you have a large one surface grill. I have cooked FROZEN chicken breast in 10 minutes without defrosting the chicken. That is such a time saver. I have yet cooked a steak on it (that was the main reason I wanted one) but I can't wait.

Hope your weekend is great with the extra hour of sleep that some of us in the US enjoy tonite.

3 comments:

Carmen said...

a person after my own heart. Steak. yummmmmmm. Although I don't like mine mooing. ;) Medium well for me. And if it's not right, I send it back! No heat lamps for my side of cow. No sir-ee!

And the whole point of not buying any candy is because I WON'T eat it, and that's a good thing. Because my trainer may kill me. ha.

rattln along said...

I know that all steak places use heat lamps. Therefore, I usually order one step under what I like to allow for the steak to "breathe" and finish cooking on the way to my table.

I noticed after I wrote that about the candy that you are trying to maintain a body program. Sorry. I fired my trainer because he kept trying to teach me to roll over and play dead. :)

Anonymous said...

Welcome back to planet blog!